As the cold weather sets in slowly but surely from province to province, there are various maintenance and operating tasks that should be addressed to help extend the life of your equipments, as well as keep your machinery running smoothly during a difficult season.
Winterizing Equipment Includes…
- Adhere to the manufacturers suggestions regarding the lube and viscosity levels
- Use winter-specific fluids that include anti-freeze and lower viscosity oils
- Refrain from idling your diesel engine for more than 10 minutes; turning your engine off will actually save both fuel and extend the life of the engine
- Refuel your tank with a winter-fuel blend once you have finished using your equipment for the day – this will keep water contamination from occurring within the tank, as well as minimize the risk of condensation
- Run your equipment at low RPM until your equipment is adequately warmed up to ensure your machines is at it’s best operating condition before using
Other areas of importance include: prompt damage repair, regular cleaning of your equipment, and storing your machinery according to the elements. Often times a warranty will be nullified if your machine is not maintained to the manufacturers specifications, so keeping up on damage repairs will help safeguard against replacement costs that could impact you in the future.
At Douglas Lake Equipment, we’re here to help you with all your heavy duty equipment needs – from rentals, to maintenance, to purchases during any season of the year. Feel free to give any one of our offices a call in order to help you with your construction and agricultural equipment questions!
Toll Free: (855) 355-0109 Phone: (604) 576-7506
17924 56th Ave (Hwy 10), Surrey, BC
Toll Free: (800) 553-7482 Phone: (250) 851-2044
706 Carrier Road, Kamloops BC
Toll Free: (855) 991-0406 Phone: (250) 991-0406
Highway 97 N Quesnel, BC
Toll Free: (800) 663-3572 Phone: (250) 782-5281
11508 8th St Dawson Creek, BC
Toll Free: (888) 532-5344 Phone: (780) 532-5344
14250 – 100th St Grande Prairie, AB